The XL American Bully is a happy, outgoing, stable and confident dog. It goes by many other names as well.
American Bully Pit
Bully Pit Bull
Extreme Pocket Bully
These dogs are gentle and loving toward people. Good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and a very affectionate family pet. Mostly always obedient, He/she is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of life. This breed possesses the loyalty and stability of the American Pit Bull Terrier while retaining the sociable, amiable, and outgoing temperament of the American Staffordshire Terrier. This unique breed is noted for displaying extreme tolerance with children and an overwhelming eagerness to please its family. Confident, yet not aggressive, this breed possesses a very pleasant temperament.
Physically, the American Bully has an impressive build, which is both muscular and very well defined, displaying much strength and agility. All around, the American Bully is a well-rounded, reliable, trustworthy and ideal family companion.
Description of the American XL Bully
Size of the American XL Bully
Height: 13 - 21 inches (33 - 53 cm)
Weight: 70 - 120 pounds (31 - 54 kg)
There are 4 sizes of the American Bully.
Weight and height of this breed varies greatly and are not considered important, however correct proportion of weight to height is very important to most breedings
Origins of the American XL Bully
American Bully is actually a new breed. Some dogs have been around for 100s of years. American Bully was actually developed in the 1980s. It was made first recognized in 2004 by ABKC then the UKC in 2013. American Bullies are often mistaken as a pitbull. They may have came from a pitbull, but the american bull has been bred with different breeds of dog it no loinger is considered a pitbull. Origina of the American bullies go back 100s of years with dogfighting. When dogfighting died out the remaining dogs were bred and the bull terrier was created. Over time Breeders bred in different breedss of dog and eventually bred in staffordshire bull terrier with other breeds and then finally end up with the creation of the American Bully.
American Bully Facts
- People believe the American Bully is a type of Pitbull; this is false.
- This dog was first bred in the 1980s.
- The American Kennel Club does not recognize this dog breed.
- An American Bully puppy will cost anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000 USD.
- Their temperament has been selectively bred to produce a dog with a soft and mellow personality.
- They are kind, loving and gentle towards family members and do well in homes with or without kids.
- The appearance of this pooch closely resembles a Pitbull dog.
- The Bully requires 30 to 60 minutes of exercise each day.